Why should you choose wooden toys?
Wooden toys are good for children in many ways.
Refer to the page here.
The following 10 wooden toys I recommend for your children.
1.Alphabet Fish Catching Counting Preschool Board Games
This colorful, bright, nicely made wooden toy is good for your children to learn colours, letters, numbers, spelling and counting.
Also, this is good for preschoolers to enhance their colour recognition, math counting skills as well as hand-eye coordination.
Full refund within 30 days. Definitely worth a try!
This is an environmentally friendly toy which is safe with non-toxic paint.
The magnets are strong enough.
Check the price here
2. Melissa & Doug Wooden Fold & Go Barn, Animal & People Play Set
Suitable for 3-6 years old
This wooden toy set is good for children to engage in imaginative play.
It includes 7 realistic plastic farm animals (horse, cow, pig, sheep, goat, dog, and turkey), a wooden ladder, and a folding corral.
The farm playhouse is made of high-quality, sturdy wood. It also includes open-and-shut sliding doors, so animals can go in and out of the barn.
There is a handle which makes it portable.
The animals are not made in one piece. They may not be so sturdy.
1. You may need to buy replacement animals. It’s not easy to find the right size to fit the barn.
2. The animals are small, 1.5″-2″ high. It’s not suitable for a 1-year-old kid.
3. Wooden Train Tracks Full Set, Deluxe 55 Pcs
If your children love cars and trains, this wooden toy is definitely a good choice.
You have some free time for yourself as it can engage your children for hours.
It is good for your children as it can stimulate your child’s stimulation and improve their motor skills.
There are 28 pcs of Train Tracks!
1. It’s environmentally safe. It’s non-toxic, BPA-Safe, Lead-Safe and Phthalates-Safe.
2. It’s perfectly compatible to all major brands, e.g. Thomas Railway System, Brio, Mellisa and Doug, Kidkraft, Imaginerium, Conductor Carl, Maxim Wood, Chuggington Railway, and Die Cast Gordon Trains.
3. The train tracks are decently made. They are made of REAL beech wood, not composite wood or plywood.
4. Tracks are double sized, there are tracks switch adapters, so you can rotate them to create some special loops.
5. Compared with Thomas train set, this is cheaper with a lot of tracks.
6. Easy to assemble.
7. With some adapters that let you connect a loop, you can have a male-male or female-female connection. There are also some tracks switch adapters which you can fork a track.
1. Some pieces do not “connect smoothly”. Some pieces have a tight fit. You may break a couple of pieces if you try to attach and then separate them.
2. The tracks are not as finely cut as Thomas Wooden Railway tracks.
3. There are pegs on curved split tracks.
1. It’s better not to play this wooden train set outdoors. The wood tracks cannot withstand outside moisture. It may warp and swell. Better Play on the floor or train table.
2. After setting up, it’ s 39 1/2″L x 25″W approximately
Check the price now.
4. Melissa & Doug Service Station Parking Garage
This is a lovely wooden toy set for preschoolers.
There is a two-level service station. It includes a car wash, a gas pump, a garage with doors, an elevator, a numbered parking garage, and two painted cars. There is also a functional elevator. It can move up and down to bring cars to the upper parking area.
The roller in the car wash, the gas pump and the gate can help your children with their fine motor skills.
There are no bells, whistles, or batteries. It is a really great imaginative toy.
It only comes with 2 cars.
1. How tall is the car wash?
The handle (which is the part that says ‘Service’) it is 7.5 to 8 inches tall
2. What are the heights of these cars?
They are 1 and 1/2 inches tall.
5. Melissa & Doug Wooden Latches Board
Suitable for 2-5 years old
If your child is the type who loves playing with doors and knobs and figuring out how things work, this wooden toy is a good way to redirect his / her energy and curiosity.
They can try to figure out how the different latches work.
This wooden toy can keep them busy for at least 30 minutes. My niece is an energetic girl, she keeps playing with this for about 40 minutes.
The latches board are good for preschoolers to discover numbers, animals, colours and words, as well as building fine and gross motor skills and problem solving skills.
1. It’s sturdy. It’s made from smooth sanded solid wood. The latches are all on very securely. My niece has no experience of pinching fingers when she played with this toy.
2. It’s safe. No small parts would come off. There are no sharp edges and the metal parts are well made.
3. It’s durable.
Some customers said some doors are hard to open and can’t be closed properly.
1.Names of the latches:
1. Draw latch, 2. Sash lock, 3. Cabin hook, 4. Slide Barrel Bolt, 5. Door chain, 6. Lock hasp
2. The latches are made of brass, which is a combo of copper and zinc.
3. Batteries are not needed.
4. The latches board is almost 2 ft long.
5. The pictures on the latches are not painted, they are like a sticker that can be scratched/peeled using great force.
6. Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Clock
suitable for age 3-6
I am sure your children will enjoy playing with this wooden clock!
There are 12 removable pieces to teach time and shapes. Your children can learn colour, number, shapes and concepts of time. Moving the clock hands can help your children with fine motor skills.
It can be a great learning toy to school teachers.
This clock cannot stand upright.
7. Melissa & Doug Food Groups – Wooden Play Food
This fun wooden food set can help your children learn the concept of healthy food. There are items from five food groups for healthy pretend play. It includes watermelon, milk, cheese, fish, eggs, and so on. It is a great set for pretend play.
1. Some customers said the paint peels easily. Some said they don’t.
2. They are heavier than plastic. It may damage walls / floors if your children throw them.
8. Melissa & Doug Standard Unit Solid-Wood Building Blocks with Wooden Storage Crate
Suitable for age 3+
These wooden blocks are made of nice quality wood. They are smooth with rounded edges. The blocks come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The set includes a wooden box that contains all the blocks for easy storage.
It’s easy to build with them because the blocks are of quantized lengths. E.g. two squares together are the same size as one of the rectangles.
The blocks are good for sparking children’s creativity.
Length of some blocks are not exactly the same.
1. When you put all the blocks back into the storage box. Start with the largest blocks and finish with the smallest, this is the easiest way. Or you can take a photo of each layer of the blocks when you first receive the blocks.
2. The blocks are heavy. Young toddlers may have problems when stacking the heavy blocks. Close supervision is needed.
3. Play on a smooth hard surface. Don’t play on the carpet.
9. Melissa & Doug Dinosaur Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box
Suitable for age 2-5
This toy can improve your children’s problem solving skills, motor skills and hand-eye coordination. There are 4 wooden puzzles: a Triceratops, Apatosaurus, Stegosaurus, and T-Rex.
They can be a good travelling toy for children. The puzzles can be stored in a sturdy wooden box easily.
Although there are only 12 pieces, the puzzles are challenging enough for preschoolers,
They are smaller than a sheet of paper, but they are made of wood.
In case the puzzles pieces get mixed up, you can sort them by the different shapes stamped on the back of each puzzle.
10. Hape Pound & Tap Bench with Slide Out Xylophone
Suitable for 12 months to 3 years
This kids xylophone can be played in different ways. Your child can pull out the xylophone and play a solo. He/ she can smash the balls through the holes. It makes a lovely sound when the balls fall through onto the xylophone.
Your children can learn different skills, such as hand eye coordination, fine motor skills, cause and effect, dexterity, etc.
It can be a great toy for your children to explore music, and learn to recognise different notes.
- This wooden toy is safe.
- The hammer and the handle are made out of wood. But the head of the mallet is plastic (fairly hard plastic). The bench is made from plywood and maple wood and the chimes are made of metal.
- It was third party tested for strict US and European child safety standards (completely non-toxic).
- It is the award winner of the 2018 Cribsie Award of favorite first musical.
- It’s durable.
This instrument is a major scale. Don’t use it to teach music. Some notes are out-of-tune. This is just a toy.
- Balls are made of wood, be careful when your children throw them at home, it can cause some damages.
- To get replacement balls, access to the web. Or you can reach out to their customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can slide out the xylophone, so your child can play with it by itself.
- The size of the balls are about 6.5 inches around the circumference.
- The dimensions of this toy are 9.4″ long X 5.9″ wide X 5.3″ tall.