8 Best Wooden toys for [toddlers]
In this article I am going to recommend 8 best wooden toys for toddlers. These educational wooden toys are suitable for toddlers from 1 year old to three years old.
1.ToysOpoly Wooden Train Set 12 PCS – Magnetic Engines With 3 Bonus Animals
|Best Wooden toys for toddlers
Suitable for age 2-4 years
This bundle includes 12 train cars and 3 bonus animals. This is one of the best educational wooden toys for toddlers.
1. This toy is safe for toddlers. It’s made with REAL beech wood. All parts are efficiently and smoothly connected. They are Third-Party Lab Tested. It’s BPA-safe, lead-safe and pthalates-safe.
2. It is compatible to all major brands. All cars connect perfectly with Thomas Railway System, Brio, Mellisa and Doug, Imaginarium, Conductor Carl, Maxim Wood, Kidkraft, Chuggington Railway, and Die Cast Gordon Trains.
3. It is durable. Even if your children are rough on toys, the cars do not chip or faulter. The magnets are strong and keep the cars together well.
4. No battery is needed.
5. It can enhance your children fine motor skills and imagination.
2. Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench Wooden Toy with Mallet ||Best Wooden toys for toddlers
This is a cute educational hammering wooden toy.
1. It helps your toddlers practise fine motor skills, learn hand- eye coordination as well as cause and effect. Children can name the colours through the action of the pegs.
2. It’s sturdy that the pieces don’t come out of the little wood table even if your toddlers toss it around many times on the ground.
3. It’s made from high quality wood. All the pegs and the base is made of wood. The only plastic part is the yellow little parts.
4. Pegs are non removable.
1. If your toddlers are violent types who will bang everything together. Be aware of the hammers. He / She may smash something at home.
3. GYBBER&MUMU; Wooden Preschool Colorful Shape Puzzle – Version 2 ||Best Wooden toys for toddlers
Suitable for 1-3 years old
This educational wooden toy puzzle can help your toddlers learn colours and puzzles. It can help strengthen fine motor skills, visual-spatial skills. Also it Inspires your toddlers’ creativity and encourage babies’ hands, eyes, brain coordination.
1. It’s safe. The GYBBER&MUMU; wooden toys are rigorously tested for safety by international laboratory. Approved ASTM & CPSIA test. Lead-Free & BPA- Free & Phthalates Free. The edges are smooth.
2. It’s easy to clean.
3. The wood pieces and board are smooth with no sharp edges. It won’t hurt your child’s skin.
4. The size is perfect for tiny hands.
The edges of the building blocks are 1.8 inches long.
The Product size is 7.88 x7.88 x 0.5 in.
4. Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Center |Best Wooden toys for toddlers
This is one of the best wooden toys I recommend for parents with toddlers.
There are a lot of activities for your toddlers to learn.
Within the centre, there are bead runs and gliders. This encourage your children to practise reach and grasping skills. These are activities which can help your toddlers work on their fine motor skillls.
You can also make use of the colour-coordinated blocks to encourage your children to learn shapes and colours.
What’s more, you can guide your children to name different animals in the acitivity centre. There is an Abacus which you can use to teach your children counting.
The hands on gadgets are good for your children to improve their eye tracking ability. As long as they move a bead down the track, they learn to focus on the object and understand the concept of object permanence and perception.
What does it include?
It has four bead mazes, two spinning gears, a set of two abacus counters, two critters that crawl beneath the tree, a tree house with two doors, one bendy flower, and eight double sided critters who crawl along the treetop.
1. There are a lot of activities for your toddlers to learn. It can train your toddlers’ logical thinking as well as object permanence.
2. There are a lot of cute movable animals. This includes a bee, a bird, a ladybug, a butterfly, a monkey, a bear, a dog, a frog, a snail, and an ant.
3. It’s easy to assemble. Normally it only takes about 15 minutes or so. It literally has five parts and some screws.
4. It’s well made. The finished paint on the wood is smooth. The movement area is smooth and transitional as well.
5. It’s a good height for a sitting baby between the ages of 6-18 months.
1. Be aware that this toy is unsafe for your toddlers to sit or to stand. It is too light. Watch your kids carefully!
5. Rolimate Hammering & Pounding Toys- Learn 8 Notes Xylophone + Shape Sorter Color Recognition ||Best Wooden toys for toddlers
I highly recommend this wooden toy for your toddler.
There are so many different ways that you can play with it. You can play music on the xylophone, sort shapes, hammer the balls in through the holes, match the colors and shapes, and so on!
Your children can practise fine motor skills, problem solving skills and manual dexterity.
1. It’s safe. It’s made of natural wood and stained with non-toxic water-based paint. It was fully tested to pass the highest standards of the U. It’s non-toxic, BPA Free, lead Free(ASTM F963/EN71 APPROVED), phthalate Free.
2. The surfaces are well-polished, and the round edges are smooth.
3. It will be a wonderful birthday, Christmas gift for 1-3 years old children.
4. The 8 notes xylophone can stimulate children’s interests in music and enhance hearing.
The xylophone may be out of tune.
6. Melissa & Doug Wooden School Bus |Best Wooden toys for toddlers
This toy is ideal for 2 years old or above. It is great for pretend play and imaginative play.
1. It is well made from solid wood.
2. It’s durable and sturdy.
3. It can engage your children for hours.
4. The little people can come out and be rearraged.
5. It’s safe. The little people are big enough, so no choking hazard.
6. There are no bells and whistles or lights. Children can make up their own sounds and story.
The doorway is 3” in height and 1 ¼” in width, the seats are 2 ½ “ wide and 1” deep.
The school bus is about 4.5″ wide X 6″ tall X 12″ long.
The people are about two inches tall.
7. XREXS Toddler Bee Hive Preschool Wooden Toys ||Best Wooden toys for toddlers
Ideal for 3 years old or above
I like this toy set very much. Children can practise hand and eye coordination. Also it can help your children identify colours, improve fine motor skills and learn counting and sorting skills.
The tongs are nice, but maybe difficult for some kids to use.
Possible choking hazard because the bees are small. Close supervision is needed.
8. Hape Walk-A-Long Snail Toddler Wooden Pull Toy |Best Wooden toys for toddlers
This wooden snail toy is cute.
It can be played in multiple ways. They can roll the round part on its own. They can play with putting the wood shapes in and out. The eyes are fun and they can pull it around!!! As you move along the snail, its tail moves up and down!
1. It is sturdy and safe. It’s made from good quality wood. It has non-toxic water paint finishes.
2. The winner of the 2013 Play Advances Language Award and the 2014 Parent’s Choice Recommended Award
3. It can be played in many ways. Your child can learn shapes and practise shape sorting skills, as well as fine motor skills.
1. There are only 3 shapes to put into the shape sorter.
1. The wooden blocks are big enough for a 1-year-old. Some kids love to put things into their mouth so adult supervision is needed.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive compensation. My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research.